Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of accidents, and they can result in serious injuries. According to the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and falls account for over one million emergency room visits each year. /qlovi.com/
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Poor lighting
- Obstacles in walkways
- Loose mats or rugs
- Defective railings and handrails
There are a number of things that can be done to prevent slip and fall accidents, including:
- Keep floors clean and dry.
- Remove any obstacles from walkways.
- Repair any uneven surfaces or defective railings.
- Provide adequate lighting.
- Secure loose mats and rugs.
What to Do If You Slip and Fall
If you slip and fall, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not think you are injured. Some injuries, such as concussions and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent.
If you are able, you should also take the following steps:
- Document the accident: Take pictures of the scene of the accident and any injuries you have sustained.
- Get witness information: If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information.
- Report the accident to the property owner: If you were injured on someone else’s property, you should report the accident to the property owner or manager.
Liability for Slip and Fall Accidents
Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for visitors. If a slip and fall accident occurs on someone else’s property, the property owner may be liable for the victim’s injuries. To establish liability, the victim must prove that the property owner knew or should have known about the hazard that caused the accident and failed to take reasonable steps to correct it. //kiwilaws.com
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal rights and options.
Slip and fall accidents are common and can result in serious injuries. By taking steps to prevent slip and fall accidents and by seeking legal help if you are injured, you can protect yourself and your loved ones.